ブログの説明

法政大学・波戸岡景太の公式ブログです。主に、自身の研究成果をお知らせします。

3/05/2020

My Unforgettable Conference Experience

Most academic societies hold annual or bi-annual conferences to get together and exchange views. The first one I attended was a literary conference that was held in the Shikoku District when I was an MA student. I was very excited that I could directly discuss topics with experts in my academic field. Another unforgettable one was the international conference at the University of Alaska Anchorage. When I left the building after my session there, I happened to encounter a wild moose on the campus! If you want to see the photo of the huge animal that appeared in front of me, please check out my first collection of essays, The Open Space of Ecocriticism (2009). During the next academic year, I'll attend at least three conferences in Okinawa, Kanazawa, and Hokkaido. These are going to be exciting for sure!